Education Major Scholarships
Awards for education majors to assist in the development of math or science materials for student teaching assignment are available for $2,000 during student teaching semester. These competitively awarded fellowships. Women and minorities are highly encouraged to apply.
Requirements of Scholarship:
Applicants must develop a NASA educational material to use when student teaching. You may find these materials at: http://www.nasa.gov/audience/foreducators/topnav/materials/listbytype/By_Type_Guides_landingpage.html
You may browse the materials by type (teaching guides, activities, etc.), grade level (K-4, 5-8, 9-12) or subject (Earth science, life science, mathematics, etc.). As part of your scholarship application:
1. You will upload a PDF file of the lesson you will develop, or show a web link and page numbers of the on-line lesson you will develop.
2. You will write a short description of how you plan to use the lesson when student teaching.
3. If selected, scholars will submit a short description at the end of your student teaching semester of how the lesson went and changes you would make when using again.
- Enrolled at: New Mexico State University (Main, Alamogordo, or Grants branch), University of New Mexico, New Mexico Institute of Mining and Technology, New Mexico Highlands University, Southwestern Indian Polytechnic Institute, San Juan Community College, Dona Ana Community College, Western New Mexico University, Eastern New Mexico University, Santa Fe Community Colleg, Northern New Mexico, and Navajo Technical College
- Major in Science Education, Mathematics Education, or Technology Education
- Full time student
- Minimal cumulative GPA of 3.0- must maintain eligibility throughout the duration of the award. A current transcript must be attached to application
- United States citizenship
- These competitively awarded fellowships.